Wednesday, March 16, 2011


This piece is titled "Arome de tuer pour" meaning aroma to die for. This was a reader response journal for the novel Perfume. In this novel the main character murders multiple women to create perfume. This piece was done in a similar method to an earlier piece titled "elegance". I started with found papers cut into cirlces and encaustic wax as the foundation. The focal point is the perfume bottle and it is supported by string, painted beads, painted lace, and the text cut from wax paper. I like the vintage look this piece has and overall I'm pleased. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job with this one. For some reason I'm really drawn to the colors with this one! you did a good job of using the colors of the pefume bottle in other parts of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that you've definitely got your concentration down! I'm particularly attracted to this one, probably because green is my favorite color. I also like the layers of found papers.

    ReplyDelete